Sunday, August 26, 2012

Healthy Eating

Energy packed breakfast. Delicious too!

As promised I am updating my blog with some yummy and healthy meal plans that are quick to make. I said every Sunday I would update my blog with meal and exercise plans. Today I am just going to be posting what I ate and the quick recipes for them. All of these kept me full and energized. So let's get into it.

Breakfast:
 

For breakfast I like to have a more filling meal that will keep me full for most of the early hours of the day. I also like to start it off with grains and protein. What I ate today was:

  • 2 scrambled egg whites with one slice of turkey on one whole wheat toast.
  • 4 pineapple chunks with 1/4 cup of low-fat cottage cheese.
  • 1 serving of light silk vanilla soy milk. 
Lunch:
Balsamic Fruity Salad

For lunch today I wanted to go for something light. This will help keep me feeling fresh and energized. Today I chose this Balsamic fruity salad.

* 3 romaine lettuce leaves chopped.
* half a nectarine diced.
* few chunks of pineapple.
* 2 Tbsp balsamic vinaigrette


Dinner:
I like to have a filling dinner so I will stay full until bed time. This prevents me from eating in the later hours of the day which can and most likely will lead to weight gain. I usually like to have protein with grains and I always include vegetables in my dinners.

Toasted Avocado Tomato and Turkey Sandwich

Tonight for dinner I chose to go with a toasted avocado tomato and turkey sandwich. This was definitely filling because of the avocado. 
  • 2 slices of toasted whole wheat bread.
  • 2 slices of turkey.
  • 3 slices of tomato.
  • 5 slices of avocado.
  • 1 Tbsp mustard.
My beverage of choice for dinner would also be filling and packed with protein. I usually go for my chocolate and avocado shake. I know you're probably thinking ewww. But it is actually pretty yummy. If you need yours to be more sweet follow the second shake recipe. Both are healthy and packed with protein to keep you full and keep your mind of any midnight snacks. 


Chocolate and Avocado Protein Shake

Recipe 1:
  • 1/2 a ripe avocado
  • 1 cup light chocolate silk soy milk
  • 4 ice cubes.
Recipe 2:
  • 1/2 a ripe avocado
  • 1 cup light chocolate silk soy milk
  • 4 ice cubes
  • 2 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 Tsp vanilla extract.
For both recipes add all ingredients into a blender and blend until completely mixed and smooth. Usually until a creamy texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment